Love No Ego Hike - July 27th (1)
Time & Location
About the Event
Did you know there are many hiking opportunities right here close to home? Although we are lucky to have them so close, you don't have to go all the way to the Shenandoah or the Blue Ridge Parkway to find nature! For our final adventure we will be exploring the trails at Walnut Creek Park! Along the trails we have fun making new friends and learning about Love No Ego, it's principles, and how we can apply them to our everyday lives.
After our hike we will head to the picnic area (shelter #2) for lunch & swimming where parents and siblings are welcome to join us! Be advise, entrance fees to the park will apply.
Get a Love...No Ego T-shirt to wear for the day!
What will the day look like?
- 8:30 AM - Please meet us at our drop-off/pick-up spot Wegman's (parking lot near The Pub)
- 9:00 AM - Load-up and leave Wegman's
- 9:30 AM - 12:00 PM - Explore the trails within Walnut Creek Park
During our hike we will will be taking in the sites, smells, and sounds of our amazing surroundings. We will also take time to talk about Love No Ego and it's principles. Because of this we don't know exactly how long the hike will last but our goal will be to be back to the picnic area by noon. Again, parents are invited to join us for the picnic!
- 12:00 PM - Arrive at the picnic shelter
- 12:00 - 2:30 PM - Picnic lunch, swimming, laughter, fun, and more Love No Ego!
- 2:30 - 3:00 PM - Clean-up, pack-up, and head home!
- 3:30 PM - Arrive back at Wegman's for parent pick-up.
What should I bring?
- Bring your swimsuit & a beach towel!
- Wear good shoes! Good fitting tennis shoes or hiking shoes are preferred. Save your sandals & flip flops for afterwards!
- Watch the weather and dress appropriately!
- Stay hydrated! Staying hydrated is really important - please bring a water bottle with you.
What will Love No Ego Provide?
- Transportation: We will provide transportation to/from Wegman's located at 100 Wegmans Way, Charlottesville, VA 22902
- Food: We will provide lunch and snacks for all hikers. Please be sure to communicate any special dietary restrictions in advance.
- Safe Fun: Freddy and his Love No Ego Volunteers will create a fun, positive, and encouraging environment for hikers of all kinds. Our goal is to have a super fun time while learning about the Love No Ego principles and how we use them to live our best life.
- Love No Ego Hike - July 27th$20$200$0