Love No Ego Hike - May 11th
Time & Location
About the Event
We're going on a wildflower hunt! We're heading to the Blue Ridge Parkway to scope out the beautiful blooms and use a guidebook to help us identify the unique flowers in our area. During our visit we will begin at mile marker 1 and travel south to various stops along the parkway. After our adventure we will head to a picnic area/overlook for lunch. Throughout the day, not only will we have fun and make new friends, we will also talk about Love No Ego, it's principles, and how we can apply them to our everyday lives.
What will the day look like?
Because we allow our day to flow naturally, we cannot guarantee an exact agenda, however, we will adhere to the pick-up/drop-off times. If anything should change, we will communicate with parents/guardians throughout the day.
- 8:30 AM - Please meet us at our drop-off/pick-up spot Wegman's (parking lot near The Pub)
- 9:00 AM - Load-up and leave Wegman's
- 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM - Explore the Blue Ridge Parkway beginning at mile marker 1 and traveling south.
During our hike we will will be searching for wildflowers, stopping to identify each one using a guidebook (provided by Love No Ego), as well as taking in the sites, smells, and sounds of our amazing surroundings. We will also take time to talk about Love No Ego and it's principles. Because of this we don't know exactly how long the hike will last.
- 12:00 PM - We plan to be back to the parking area and heading to a picnic spot
- 12:00 - 2:00 PM - Picnic lunch, laughter, fun, and more Love No Ego!
- 2:00 - 2:30 PM - Clean-up, pack-up, and head home!
- 3:15/3:30 PM - Arrive back at Wegman's for parent pick-up.
What should I bring?
- Wear good shoes! Good fitting tennis shoes or hiking shoes are preferred. Please don't wear sandals or flip flops.
- Dress appropriately and bring a sweatshirt! The temperature in the higher elevations are different and can change quickly.
- Stay hydrated! Staying hydrated is really important - please bring a water bottle with you.
- Extra pair of socks! We may need to cross a river or it might be wet/muddy from rain. Nothing feels better than a fresh pair of dry socks.
What will Love No Ego Provide?
- Transportation: We will provide transportation to/from Wegman's located at 100 Wegmans Way, Charlottesville, VA 22902
- Food: We will provide lunch and snacks for all hikers. Please be sure to communicate any special dietary restrictions in advance.
- Safe Fun: Freddy and his Love No Ego Volunteers will create a fun, positive, and encouraging environment for hikers of all kinds. Our goal is to have a super fun time while learning about the Love No Ego principles and how we use them to live our best life.
- Love No Ego Hike - May 11th$20$200$0